Environmental Stewardship: Being with / With being

This sermon was preached for a Stewardship Preaching class Audio Version Setting from Revised Common Lectionary New Years Day, ABC[1] Ecclesiastes 3:1–13 Psalm 8:1-9 Revelation 21:1–6a Matthew 25:31–46 Psalm 8 1     O Lord, our Sovereign, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. 2        Out of … [Read more…]

Invitation / Stewardship

Audio Link An alternative version of the sermon from the first service can be seen below. Luke 15:1-10 Can we truly put a price tag on life itself? We hear of individual lawsuits over loved ones that have died. There are class action suits on behalf of multiple people that have died. Maybe a judge … [Read more…]

Sowers of Love to All

[youtube:http://youtu.be/Pfm3aRkcb_I] Isaiah 55:10-13 Romans 8:1-11 Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23 Whenever I have planted a garden, I am very careful about prepping the soil, adding in fresh soil, compost and other things that will help retain moisture and provide nutrients for the seeds I am about to plant.  Then I till all that together and make nice … [Read more…]

Greatest Commandment + Holy Spirit = Great Commission

Audio Link Genesis 1:1–5, Genesis 1:26-2:4a 2 Corinthians 13:11–13 Matthew 28:16–20 I have not done this before but today, I want you to pull out pens or pencils and write something on your bulletins.  Write it in a place that you can see, so you can take this with you, maybe even tape it to … [Read more…]

Who is Life and What is Life?

Audio Link Acts 2:42–47 Psalm 23:1-6 1 Peter 2:19–25 John 10:1–11 Who or what is life giving?  In all reality, there is only one thing that is life giving, isn’t there?  We as Christians would say God incarnate, Jesus the Christ, the Word who has been before the beginning and is still here today, is … [Read more…]

Spiritual Friendship, A Mark of Discipleship

Audio Version Acts 2:42-47   42The community continually committed themselves to learning what the apostles taught them, gathering for fellowship, breaking bread, and praying. 43Everyone felt a sense of awe because the apostles were doing many signs and wonders among them.44There was an intense sense of togetherness among all who believed; they shared all their material … [Read more…]

Mark of Discipleship, Weekly Worship

Lent 2014 Theme,  Six Marks of Discipleship based on the book, “Power  Surge: Six Marks of Discipleship for a Changing Church”, Michael Foss Audio Version [youtube http://youtu.be/R5SD3rjF07I] 1 Corinthians 11:23-26  TVB 23I passed on to you the tradition the Lord gave to me: On the same night the Lord Jesus was betrayed, He took the bread in His … [Read more…]

God Protects us…Mission and the Big Picture

Video Link to Sermon Audio Link to Sermon Malachi 4:1–2a 2 Thessalonians 3:6–13 Luke 21:5–19 Matthew 25:1-10 Matthew 24:42-43 Matthew 24:36 Last week when Jesus was asked a direct question, He never really answered the question at all.  Then of course, the Sadducees were looking for details, not at the big picture as Jesus was … [Read more…]

What about Christ in Christmas Anyway?

We are now headed into Advent, waiting the anticipated arrival of a Savior for all of humanity.  Sure, we have a bigger picture than the kings who sought out the baby Jesus and of the shepherds who received the good news from the angels.  We can still experience this excitement if we are willing to … [Read more…]

Aren’t Christians Called to the least, last….

Here is a post from a friend of mine. It speaks volumes about what our schools are not doing to protect the children from bullies. I know some do try but there are so many that do not. Please share, maybe some administrators will stand up and say NO to bullies and YES to protection. … [Read more…]